MIAMI, United States. – The anti-establishment rapper and former Cuban political prisoner Denis Solís González, asked all international institutions this Thursday to “not stop supporting” Luis Manuel Otero Alcántara and Maykel Osorbo, as well as all the political prisoners of July 11, 2021 ( 11J).
The two artivists of the San Isidro Movement (MSI), currently in prison, will be tried by the regime next week.
“I beg your support for my brothers tortured in those dark dungeons. We are going to intensify the fight for the freedom of our people and of the Cuban people, which is what matters most,” says Solís in an interview published by Radio Television Martí.
“Let’s not stop, that they [al régimen castrista] They have nothing left,” he added.
The protesting rapper also assured that with all his “brothers” he had “a giant commitment.”
“As much as I try to find peace within myself, I can’t find it, no matter how much I seek spiritual peace, I can’t find it, because half of me is still imprisoned in Castro’s dungeons,” he lamented.
After serving eight months in prison for the alleged crime of contempt, Solís González was released in July this year. The protesting musician had been arrested on November 9, 2020 and taken to the Valle Grande prison, where he was barely able to communicate with family and friends to offer information about the summary process to which he was subjected.
Solís, 31, was arrested days after having an argument with an agent of the National Revolutionary Police (PNR) who entered his house without his consent. In the altercation, which was broadcast live on Facebook, the rapper told the officer: “You are a dick wrapped in uniform” and demanded that he leave his home.
The musician was tried and sentenced by the Municipal Court of Old Havana in a summary trial just two days after his arrest, which led to the quartering and hunger strike of several Cuban artists and activists at the MSI headquarters, in November. of 2020.
From then on, the case of Solís González generated a series of events that marked a milestone in the recent history of Cuba. His summary trial sparked a group of peaceful protesters from MSI, independent activists, journalists, artists; along with an intense smear campaign by the regime against the 14 activists who were quartered in the Museum of Dissidence.
Likewise, the raid of the institution and the arrest of the activists on November 26, provoked the demonstration of more than 500 people outside the Ministry of Culture, on November 27, 2020.
Receive information from CubaNet on your cell phone through WhatsApp. Send us a message with the word “CUBA” on the phone +1 (786) 316-2072, You can also subscribe to our electronic newsletter by giving click here.