For the central bank, it is necessary to reiterate “the importance of validating the authenticity of our monetary species and thus avoid being a victim of counterfeiting.”
He also indicated that “the banknotes of the new family share the same security technology that is supported by several elements that are easy to verify; some of them are the security tape, the watermark, the matching images and the color change image. and motion effect.
Given this, the Banco de la República points out some steps to not be fooled when receiving these denominations.
- Look: observe the images and colors of the ticket
- I touched: Feel the high relief in some images and texts by touch
- I raised: hold the banknote up to the light and discover images
- rotate– Observe color change and movement effects when turning the bill
- check: Observe the fluorescence using ultraviolet light lamps and check the micro texts using a magnifying glass.
The Issuer recalled that this $100,000 bill “has been in circulation since March 31, 2016, has characteristics that allow its verification, such as its dimensions: 66 mm X 153 mm, green as the predominant color, the image of President Carlos Lleras Restrepo next to the barranquero bird and the flower of the “seven leather” on the obverse. The reverse highlights the Valle de Cocora in Quindío and the wax palm, our national tree.”.