COE coloca nueve provincias en alerta verde por incidencia de vaguada

COE places nine provinces on green alert due to incidence of trough

Santo Domingo.- The Emergency Operations Center (COE) places 09 provinces on green alert for possible flooding of rivers, streams and ravines, as well as sudden or urban flooding, due to the combination of a low pressure system and a trough.

The provinces on green alert are La Altagracia, San Pedro de Macorís, San Cristóbal, Hato Mayor, Monte Plata, Peravia, La Romana, El Seibo and Gran Santo Domingo.

The COE took the measure under the bulletin of the National Meteorological Office (Onamet), which predicts that for tonight there are clouds generating weak to moderate precipitation, with possible thunderstorms and gusts of wind, over towns in Greater Santo Domingo, Monte Plata, Duarte, María Trinidad Sánchez, Santiago, Elías Piña, among others.

The agency indicated that this activity will spread to other neighboring towns, thanks to the incidence of the trough, which will remain dominating the weather conditions.

We recommend you read: The rains will continue due to the incidence of the trough; Onamet keeps 6 provinces on alert

For this Saturday, it is forecast that to the southwest in provinces such as Pedernales, Barahona, Azua and Peravia, weak to moderate rains are expected with isolated thunderstorms over areas near the coasts, especially in the morning hours.

While for the afternoon, these precipitations will be more frequent and intense towards the eastern part of the country, La Altagracia, El Seibo, La Romana, Hato Mayor, Monte Plata, San Pedro de Macorís, Santo Domingo, Samaná, Duarte, among others.

The Onamet reported that this activity will be due to the permanence of a fairly humid and unstable environment, a product of the trough at various levels of the troposphere.

On the other hand, the Onamet strictly monitors a low pressure area over the southeast of the Caribbean Sea with a 30% probability of becoming a tropical cyclone in the next 48 hours, because the environmental conditions will be favorable in the next five days it will reach a high probability of 70% for its development, in addition, an area of ​​showers and thunderstorms is reported, associated with a trough hundreds of kilometers near Bermuda.


Source link

Previous Story

Sotelo called Lula a “thief” and Bolsonaro a “facho”, but later retracted

Next Story

Tremor in Loreto of magnitude 5.7 was reported this morning in the city of Pastaza

Latest from Dominican Republic