Caasd informa incrementó en 2022 su producción de agua para el GSD

Caasd reports increased its production of drinking water for the GSD in 2022

Santo Domingo – The Santo Domingo Aqueduct and Sewerage Corporation (CAASD) increased its production of Water drinking water for Greater Santo Domingo, in more than 10,906 million additional gallons, compared to the year 2021, achieving the record figure of 445 million gallons per day.

According to the report of the Operations Directorate, the CAASD served its users an average of 424,617 million gallons, equivalent to 18,602 cubic meters per second, with total production during the year of 154,890,756 million gallons per day. In 2021, an average of 413.711 million gallons was produced.

The yield of the precious liquid was obtained in 71.26% from surface source systems, and the remaining 28.74% from underground sources.

The director of the institution, engineer Felipe Suberví, (Fellito) said that the increase in the water service allowed an average endowment of 444,834 liters of drinking water per inhabitant.

“This year, we continued to comply with the commitment to provide a supply of drinking water in quality and quantity to the users of Greater Santo Domingo, as well as the cleaning of 796,234 linear meters of sanitary sewerage, 220,323 ml, more than in 2021, eliminating sources of contamination,” said the official.

Suberví stated that the production of drinking water, in most months of this year, remained above 420 million gallons, even reaching a record production of 445 million gallons per day.

“This production that we maintained was thanks to the interventions that were carried out in the different production systems for the rehabilitation and replacement of pumping equipment,” he commented.

He cited the Jigüey and Valdesia dams, Haina, Isabela, Duey and Ozama rivers as the main sources of drinking water supply, which maintained adequate levels, allowing the aqueducts to operate under normal conditions throughout the year.

Suberví explained that, thanks to the good management of the supply sources, the dry periods were not felt as in previous years.

In addition to this, he pointed out that the personnel under his command carried out interventions in the water treatment plants with the aim of improving their operation, as well as the correction of breakdowns in the distribution networks, repair, replacement and cleaning of valves, unblocking and construction of splices.

“The placement of new connections and valves allowed a better sectorization and optimization in the distribution of drinking water in sectors that had never received the liquid,” he said.
He also mentioned the pilot project carried out by the institution to supply 24-hour supply to sectors such as Naco, Piantini and Serrallés, and that will be replicated in other sectors with drinking water supply problems by the CAASD.

Network maintenance

On the other hand, the director of the CAASD highlighted the work carried out in the water distribution networks during this year. He said that 12,507 failures of various diameters have been corrected to date.

“These corrections are highly relevant because they allow the reduction of visible physical losses of water. These breakdowns were resolved in record times by the different operational departments of the institution, ”he said.

Similarly, 640 unobstructed networks were carried out, thus improving the service and benefiting thousands of families in different sectors of Greater Santo Domingo.

In that order, he also highlighted the maintenance of the roads intervened by the CAASD, where around 23,666 square meters of asphalt were placed, during the year 2022.

Source link

Previous Story

Reinvestment in justice: the plan with Texas managed to close 15 prisons and generates attention in Uruguay

Next Story

Joint Command justified the use of force in Ayacucho

Latest from Dominican Republic