The president José María Balcázar He was elected amid questions about his statements on child marriage. From Congress, the Renovación Popular and Fuerza Popular benches face each other after their election.
- José Jerí: Prosecutor’s Office entered the Palace to request security cameras and gather information about hiring of close associates
- With Delia Espinoza and Humberto Abanto: CAL formalizes candidacies for the deanship and designates list numbers
José María Balcázar LIVE: president arrived at the Government Palace on his first day as head of state
The brand new internal president, José María Balcázar, arrived at the Government Palace at around 9 in the morning to carry out his activities on his first day as head of state after having won the elections in Congress over María del Carmen Alva. Balcázar was received by the guard of the presidential complex and entered the facilities of the House of Pizarro.
José María Balcázar on the delivery of safe passage to Betssy Chávez: “I don’t know yet”
During a brief press conference at his home in Lince, President José María Balcázar spoke about the granting of safe conduct to former minister Betssy Chávez, who has been asylum in the Mexican Embassy since November of last year. In that sense, the president did not provide a specific response and stated that he will evaluate the request. “I don’t know yet.”
“I’m going to study with the chancellor what her legal situation is, because I, as I just took charge last night, precisely where everything has been very long, and now I’m going to worry about what her legal situation is. But that has to be channeled through diplomacy; I don’t think it’s such a priority issue nor difficult to solve,” he indicated at another time for Exitosa.
“A circumstance of being in another country as an asylum is not a blessing; on the contrary, it is a painful situation. Nor is it appropriate for people to simply take refuge in exile and what should be asked of Betssy Chávez is that she face it and that the Judiciary resolve her legal situation; we would have to see,” he said.
Keiko Fujimori threatens the Government of José María Balcázar: “We have to stop its advance before it is too late”
Through her X account, the leader of Fuerza Popular, Keiko Fujimori, threatened the Balcázar Government after winning the election in Congress. Likewise, he blamed Renovación Popular for his appointment.
“It is a very sad day for the country. They have allowed the radical left to govern again. We all know who the irresponsible people are who have pushed us into chaos, with López Aliaga at the head. We warned about it on Sunday. The chaos is bigger than before. They should never have opened this door,” he said.
“But we cannot waste any more time. We have to stop its advance before it is too late. Democracy is in danger. Today, with more force than before, we will defend the Constitution and freedom and we will also confront the improvised parties and the ambitions for unlimited power that have put the country in this situation,” he added.
The brand new president of the Republic, José María Balcázarwill spend his first day as head of state in the Government Palace, after defeating Maria del Carmen Alva in the elections of Congress. Balcázar’s assumption does not go unnoticed. The Fuerza Popular benches of Keiko Fujimori and Popular Renewal of Rafael Lopez Aliaga They confront each other after their appointment. For his part, the president has ruled out a pardon for the convicted man. Pedro Castillo.
José María Balcázar: LATEST NEWS
Comptroller warns José María Balcázar: “If we find irregularities, we will make them public”
Comptroller César Aguilar assured that José María Balcázar was elected through a democratic process in the Congress of the Republic. Likewise, he warned that they will alert the public if they find any type of irregularity in their management. “The Comptroller’s Office does not marry anyone; if we find something irregular or something that is not right, we will make it public knowledge,” he highlighted.
Now Nación reaffirms that they would expel José María Balcázar from the party again
Alfonso López Chau’s party reaffirmed its decision to expel José María Balcázar from the party for his controversial performance in Congress in relation to child marriage, the election of members of the TC, among others.
Vladimir Cerrón speaks out after the return of Perú Libre to the Government: “The double defeat of Fuerza Popular and Renovación Popular are the preamble to what will happen on April 12, 2026”
“The double defeat of Fuerza Popular and Renovación Popular is the preamble to what will happen on April 12, 2026. (…) The new president of the republic must combat citizen insecurity, starting with the loss of the general commander of the PNP, Óscar Arriola Delgado, who demonstrated totally inefficient management. (…) The close election of Balcázar vs. Alva (supported by Fuerza Popular), demonstrates that the myth of Fujicerronism only responds to a caviar hallucination,” he said on his X account.

José María Balcázar LIVE: Congresswoman María Agüero speaks about the return of Peru Libre to the Government
José María Balcázar LIVE: president arrived at the Government Palace on his first day as head of state
The brand new internal president, José María Balcázar, arrived at the Government Palace at around 9 in the morning to carry out his activities on his first day as head of state after having won the elections in Congress over María del Carmen Alva. Balcázar was received by the guard of the presidential complex and entered the facilities of the House of Pizarro.
José María Balcázar on the delivery of safe passage to Betssy Chávez: “I don’t know yet”
During a brief press conference at his home in Lince, President José María Balcázar spoke about the granting of safe conduct to former minister Betssy Chávez, who has been asylum in the Mexican Embassy since November of last year. In that sense, the president did not provide a specific response and stated that he will evaluate the request. “I don’t know yet.”
“I’m going to study with the chancellor what her legal situation is, because I, as I just took charge last night, precisely where everything has been very long, and now I’m going to worry about what her legal situation is. But that has to be channeled through diplomacy; I don’t think it’s such a priority issue nor difficult to solve,” he indicated at another time for Exitosa.
“A circumstance of being in another country as an asylum is not a blessing; on the contrary, it is a painful situation. Nor is it appropriate for people to simply take refuge in exile and what should be asked of Betssy Chávez is that she face it and that the Judiciary resolve her legal situation; we would have to see,” he said.
José María Balcázar LIVE: president leaves his home heading to the Government Palace
Outside his home in Lince, President José María Balcázar assured that he will meet with political parties, churches and unions as part of his first activities. Likewise, he announced that he will evaluate the continuity of the ministers of the previous administration of José Jerí.
“I want to have the best relations with the press. What we are going to do this week is a round of dialogue with political parties, churches and unions. We must have consensus to hold orderly elections (…) I have no prejudice against any minister. I am an independent man, I do not have any political party,” he said.
José María Balcázar LIVE: Silvia Monteza assures that “not all of the right supported María del Carmen Alva”
During an interview with Canal N, Congresswoman Silvia Monteza stated that “not all of the right” supported María del Carmen Alva’s candidacy. “If it had been all of them, they would have had the majority.”
“It was somewhat illogical for the left to support the lady because they have always had a bit of rejection when she was president of Congress, because of Castillo; that wound still remains in them,” he said.
Avanza País attacks APP, Renovación Popular and Fuerza Popular after the appointment of José María Balcázar

César Acuña speaks out about José María Balcázar: he asks him to guarantee public security and transparent elections
“We call on the new president of the republic, José María Balcázar, to guarantee public security, peace for all Peruvians and an orderly transition and transparent elections. From Alianza Para el Progreso we will continue working for stability, works and the well-being of families. Peru is always our priority! #SecurityAndPeace,” he said on his X account.
CNDDHH rejects the Government of José María Balcázar: “Democracy requires ethics and firm defense of the rights of girls and adolescents”

José María Balcázar rules out pardoning Pedro Castillo: “It is not on the pardon agenda”
“It is not on the pardon agenda, I want you to understand that. It is not on any type of pardon at the moment. What I know is that the former president has a criminal process, which must follow its corresponding course. We will be attentive so that the deadlines are met,” the president warned at a press conference in Congress. MORE DETAILS HERE
José María Balcázar LIVE: The ‘chest’ along with a delegation left the Government Palace to pick up the president at his home
APRA pronounces on José María Balcázar: “A president tailored to the worst congress in history”
“A president tailored to the worst congress in history. Parliament dominated without morality by the Acuña, the Luna, the Cerrón and Keiko Fujimori has generated great damage these almost 5 years. We Peruvians must punish them on April 12 at the polls,” said presidential candidate Enrique Valderrama.

César Acuña’s APP speaks out about José María Balcázar: “It is a consequence of political agreements under the table”

Keiko Fujimori threatens the Government of José María Balcázar: “We have to stop its advance before it is too late”
Through her X account, the leader of Fuerza Popular, Keiko Fujimori, threatened the Balcázar Government after winning the election in Congress. Likewise, he blamed Renovación Popular for his appointment.
“It is a very sad day for the country. They have allowed the radical left to govern again. We all know who the irresponsible people are who have pushed us into chaos, with López Aliaga at the head. We warned about it on Sunday. The chaos is bigger than before. They should never have opened this door,” he said.
“But we cannot waste any more time. We have to stop its advance before it is too late. Democracy is in danger. Today, with more force than before, we will defend the Constitution and freedom and we will also confront the improvised parties and the ambitions for unlimited power that have put the country in this situation,” he added.

José María Balcázar LIVE: president spends his first day in the Government Palace
President José María Balcázar spent his first night in the Government Palace after being sworn in as head of state in Congress after the fall of José Jerí. The president was received by the guard of the presidential complex, amid questions and confrontations in Congress. In this way, Perú Libre returns to the Executive after more than 3 years.

