Just hours after Congress censured José Jerí and removed him from the position of president of the republic, a team of prosecutors arrived at the Government Palace to collect the contracts signed with nine women who previously met with the former president.
The acting prosecutor of the nation, Tomás Gálvez, informed Peru21 that the diligence he ordered focused on that compilation and on the videos from the security cameras that confirm the entry of those people to Casa de Pizarro.
Along these lines, he clarified that this action was possible now that Jerí, who is accused of the crime of influence peddling, no longer enjoys the presidential investiture and has returned to his duties as a congressman.
“Due to the ruling of the Constitutional Court, no action could be taken that is contrary to the majesty of the Presidency, that was prohibited, but not now and that is why we are acting,” declared Gálvez.
The favored women are Rubiel Beraún Rojas, Fiorella Melgarejo Sánchez, Alicia Camargo Leiva, Sheyla Briones Ordinola, Susana Gutiérrez Rivera, Rossmary Malpartida Ostos, María del Rosario Espinoza Díaz, Rosa Rueda Yaya and Hilda Zapata Juárez.
The Public Ministry has already scheduled the interrogation of each of them to detail how their appointments in the presidential office were carried out between October 2025 and January 2026.
The former ruler was summoned for Monday, March 2 at 2:30 p.m.
Does not rule out seizure
The highest tax authority also told this newspaper that Jerí Oré has not delivered the report of telephone calls that he promised to give.
On January 30, during the interrogation for his clandestine meetings with the Chinese businessman Zhihua Yang, the then president assured Gálvez Villegas that he would voluntarily give up that record.
Having had no response so far, the supreme prosecutor indicated that they will once again insist that the legislator send the call log, otherwise he will require a judge to force him to do so.
“Today or tomorrow we are going to ask you to sign the form by which you lift your confidentiality of communications and authorize access to the Prosecutor’s Office, and if you do not do so we will have to go to the judge to lift your communications,” he said.
When asked if he would resort to confiscating the cell phone, Tomás Gálvez did not rule out that possibility nor did he deny possible raids.
“(Seizure of the cell phone) we will see all of this as the circumstances arise, if he provides the information there is no problem, and if not we will have to carry out raids and whatever corresponds,” he said.
Regarding the case of sexual rape that was against José Jerí, and that was filed by Gálvez himself, he maintained that there is no new evidence that points to reopening the process.
Congressman Segundo Montalvo (Perú Libre) required the Prosecutor’s Office to review the complaint again due to the dissemination of a letter sent to Gálvez, in July 2025, where it is inferred that Jerí did participate in that crime in December 2024.
“A case can only be reopened with a new fact, the letter you refer to was sent by a lawyer who forged the signature of the co-defendant to access the tax file,” he alleged.
