Today: February 16, 2026
February 18, 2022
1 min read

The Prosecutor’s Office desisted from raiding Álvarez’s house and seizing his devices

cromo

After the appeal filed by Ignacio Álvarez, the 6th shift Sexual Crimes Prosecutor He desisted from requesting the search, seizure or search of the journalist’s devices, who released audios linked to the gang rape case that occurred in Cordón last month.

“The evidentiary purpose that was being pursued was frustrated,” reported the Prosecutor’s Office and efforts will be made to obtain evidence “without proceedings that could be attributed a connotation of risk for the free exercise of freedom of expression.”

In this sense, from the Prosecutor’s Office they said that this freedom is a right that is sought to “guarantee”, but that in this case it must be analyzed “if limits were transgressed” that the law imposes.

The crime for which Álvarez is being investigated is stipulated in article 92 of the law on gender violence (19,580), which says: “Whoever disseminates, reveals, exhibits or transfers to third parties images or recordings of a person with intimate or sexual content , without your authorizationwill be punished with a sentence of six months in prison to two years in penitentiary”.

The prosecution had requested the search of the radio station Azul FM, where Álvarez broadcasts his program, and the judge had granted that request. This decision worried the Uruguayan Press Association (APU), who requested a meeting with the court prosecutor, Juan Gómez, where the case was discussed.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Latest Posts

They celebrated "Buenos Aires Coffee Day" with a tour of historic bars - Télam
Cum at clita latine. Tation nominavi quo id. An est possit adipiscing, error tation qualisque vel te.

Categories

Mallorca signs the Uruguayan Giovanni González
Previous Story

Mallorca signs the Uruguayan Giovanni González

Next Story

FASE and Pa’ Ti: how to know if you have pending payments?

Latest from Blog

Subject arrested for alleged child abuse in Cojedes

Subject arrested for alleged child abuse in Cojedes

The 45-year-old citizen is accused of allegedly carrying out physical and psychological attacks against his two minor daughters. Cojedes state Police officials arrested a 45-year-old citizen after being identified as the alleged
Here everyone is happy

Here everyone is happy

Locked in the dark while the batteries run out and the candles melt, patience digesting, who could be interested in the decision of the manager of a baseball team? How important is
Go toTop